Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
The American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) Section for Women in Public Administration (SWPA) annually awards up to three $500.00 scholarships (practitioner, master’s and doctoral) to help defray the costs associated with attending the ASPA Annual Conference.
In addition to completing and submitting the SWPA Scholarship Application, applicants must also submit:
All applicants who meet the following criteria are eligible for full consideration:
1. Applicant must be a full-time practitioner in public service, or a student enrolled in a master’s or doctoral degree program in Public Administration/Public Policy/Public Affairs or a closely related field.
2. Applicant must be a member of ASPA and SWPA.
3. Applicant must be willing to become an active member of SWPA.
4. The nomination letter(s) must be sent by their nominators separately, via email or mail. The letter must include the nominator’s signature.
5. The application form, cover letter, and vita or resume must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format and must be submitted by email.
6. The cover letter should demonstrate, with a strong narrative, a keen interest in a career public administration and address how diversity/gender issues affect the professional choices and decisions of practitioner applicants or influence the research agendas of student applicants.
7. Practitioner applicant’s annual salary must not exceed $50,000.
Scholarship recipients must attend ASPA’s 2015 Annual Conference, participate in the SWPA Meeting and Professional Development Workshop and attend the SWPA Breakfast. They are also expected to assist at the SWPA booth at the conference.
The deadline for receiving completed applications is Dec. 1, 2014. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Requests for application, application submissions and other inquiries should be addressed to Dr. Meghna Sabharwal at [email protected].
To learn more about SWPA, click here to visit their website.